Feb 6th, 2012
Real Estate, especially for the media, is all about perspective….colour me not all that impressed with the most recent Demographia report released last week though?
So here is a bit of perspective.
Ok its definitely just realestate related, but be interested to know how many of you get these answers right?
1. What single USA city has seen 364,000 foreclosures since 2008?
2. Which American metropolis has seen its home prices drop 54% in the last 3 years.
3. In the 12 months to October 2011 this town with a population of just over 100,000, demolished 775 abandoned homes, what’s its name?
4. Commute times to work in this US town averaged 31 minutes, where is it?
5. You can buy a median priced property in this beautiful sunny spring break mecca at only USD$183,000, but that figure is off 50% since 2006, where am I talking about?
6. Yes, yes I know you’re complaining about your rates, $3,234 for a year seems a tad high. However based on your property value of $136,000, that figure seems to be stratospheric! Where is this lucky town?
And…just perhaps some Branch Managers might see something here they can throw around at the next weekly sales meeting when Mr “woe is me” Agent comes up with the “but its tough out there” line?
Try selling property in one of these markets!
1 IMAIM (*47% of homeowners are currently sitting on “underwater mortgages”)
3 TNILF in NAGIHCIM
5 ELADREDUAL TROF, ADIROLF
6 DROFHCOR, SIONLLI
Answers are spelt in reverse.
CREDIT – msn.realestate.com