Each week I feature a local New Plymouth business on my blog.
There are many small owner / operated businesses in New Plymouth, some of which you may already know about and use regularly, and some you have never heard of.
I hope you will find these business profiles informative and useful. There will be links to their web pages or facebook profiles included. Please take the time to look them up and bookmark them for the future if you think you may use their services or buy their products.
FEATURE BUSINESS OF THE WEEK
1. So your business name is….
2. What type of business do you run?
A boutique business specializing in artistic decorative cakes and cupcakes for weddings,
birthdays, anniversaries, and all other special occasions
3. How long have you been operating/Trading?
Just 3 months… the response has been incredible! Visit me on my Facebook Lady Cupcake
to see my work. http://www.facebook.com/ladycupcakenz
4. Do you have any short term or long term goals for your business?
I‘ve definitely found my calling as a creative cake decorator! Right now it’s
wonderful to be a small business because I can fit it in around my gorgeous
8-month- old son. Long term, if the interest and momentum that I have received
so far continues, I’ll gradually increase the amount of cakes per week and then
in a year or two when he’s older perhaps open a cute little cake shop/cafe where
you can take a coffee and cupcake while you watch cakes being decorated.
5. Your perfect day/customer scenario?
An open brief! I love it when I get to design whatever I like…surprises are the
best anyhow right?
6. Where are you originally from?
7. Name your favourite café/restaurant in New Plymouth
Nice/Table Restaurant – quirky and fun – their current menu is fantastic and their artwork
diverse. Also, I can’t pass up an invite of a blue cheese soufflé and steak at
Andres, oh and lunch at Gusto, and a croissant and coffee at Piccolo Morso…
8. When you have time off – what do you like to do?
Sunbathe with a girly book or magazine – I could spend hours rotating I also
love lunches out, with a good bottle of wine (or two…)
9. If you could do anything in Taranaki for one day – what would you wish for?
Gather all my family and friends together for a big long lunch out (in sunny
10. If you could fast forward into the future how would you like New Plymouth to be?
Still small… with boutique shops& deli’s… a great cafe & restaurant culture…
continued beautiful walkways, outdoor areas & parks… and a marvellous cake
shop called LADY CUPCAKE