Twitter – insights for real estate agents

I am sure by now you have heard of Twitter – you may not be using it now or understand it. To help I have shared some insight on the Unconditional blog. Additionally if you want a crash course in Twitter this YouTube video by Common Craft is excellent.

In my view, Twitter is worth considering as a means of raising your profile and demonstrating your subject matter expertise. Many people see Twitter as irrelevant ramblings about the minutiae of people’s lives, “I am going to work now”, “I am bored”, “I fed the cat”!! – but think of it differently for a minute as a way to share observations, information (as in great online stories) and also listings.

Twitter is a medium of communication – it is an email type short message that goes to people who follow you.

You can use Twitter to follow people who have useful things to share which may interest you – news service, both general and real estate specific, companies offering special deals. Here at realestate.co.nz we have our own Twitter account and we would encourage you to follow us.

Realestate.co.nz (realestateconz) on Twitter-1

We use Twitter to share insight, information, news stories, statistics and just about anything real estate – it is a single place, where a couple of times a day, we can share what we think is interesting and worth a read. The great thing about Twitter is you decide if you want to read – no spam email, no signing up, no pushing!

We have 115 followers after 1 week – I would like to get to 1,000 in the next 2 months, so come and follow us – and we will follow you back!

March 11 2010 10:22 pm | Online marketing and Social Networking

6 Responses to “Twitter – insights for real estate agents”

1. David Garratt on 14 Mar 2010 at 11:04 am #

something else that twitter is useful for when teamed with a widget. SEO! Yep twitter posts get picked up on google. If you don’t want to create a whole post. Tweet it and have your widget pick the tweet up on your website or blog. TAH DAH! Google will pick up the tweet and link it to your blog/web site.

2. Matthew on 19 Mar 2010 at 1:44 pm #

Your voices blog platofrm form should automatically allow for a “tweet on post”.

3. Alistair Helm on 19 Mar 2010 at 2:42 pm #

Matthew

That is so true! – thanks, I will investigate. Thanks

4. David Garratt on 25 Mar 2010 at 2:10 pm #

Here are a couple of websites to look at

I use this little widget which allows viewers to share your blog http://www.addtoany.com/

5. David Garratt on 25 Mar 2010 at 2:12 pm #

Alistair?

6. Alistair Helm on 25 Mar 2010 at 11:18 pm #

Thanks for this – I will pass this on to the development team. As we are running a modified multiple user environment I am cautious about making assumptions as to deployment of all widgets. I see the benefit – just want to make sure all is OK.

We now have over 100 active bloggers with over 25 joining in the past month, so stability of the platform is the priority over widgets.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS