I thought you might like this – reading the below article the other day it really struck a note with me. Probably because I struggle with mastering time, especially so in this industry that can be so demanding on ones time. I like what it says about “scheduling in reverse” putting the most important priorities in place. Check it out for yourself and I hope you get some value from it too.
Eileen Silva Kindig writes:
Time is so precious that God gives it to us a moment at a time. ‘The years…pass quickly, and then we are gone.’ So what will you have to loo back on? Hours spent working overtime or hours spent with your loved ones?
- Remember who’s in charge. Manage your time, don’t let it manage you. Think through commitments before you make them. Decide what’s important. The urgent seldom is.
- Schedule in reverse. Put your real priorities on the calendar first, then add the rest.
- Drop one thing from your schedule; for example, spending two afternoons less a month volunteering frees you to enjoy lunch with your spouse.
- Be, rather than do. Think. Pray. Relax in a chair.
- Get your spouse’s perspective on how you’re spending your time, and what may be stealing it.
- Be honest about your limitations. You can’t manufacture time; we all get the same amount.
- Keep a list of your commitments by the phone so you think twice before adding to it.
Well, one thing I do plan to do over this long weekend is take some time out from my business and head down to Twizel for a relaxed weekend. Fishing, chilling and a good soak in the outdoor bath are already scheduled, so I guess I am making a start.
I trust you can enjoy some time with family and those close to you over the weekend too – do take care on the roads.
Finally, all the very best for my clients who are taking their homes to auction tomorrow. 107 Bower Avenue and 49A Wainoni Road. If you haven’t already, do make sure you check them out as with both properties the reserve prices are exceptionally realistic!