If you are going away over the festive season, it could be time to start preparing your home to ensure it and your belongings remain safe whilst you are away. Consider the following:
1) Lock away tools (e.g. hammers, spades etc.). Burglars love having these provided!
2) Confirm all doors & windows are secured.
3) Advise your neighbours of your intention and provide them with contact details & ask them to empty your mailbox.
4) Arrange care for plants and pets.
5) Make sure your alarm is fully functional.
6) Spray insect repellent around sensors.
7) Make sure outside sensor lights are working.
8) Consider installing a timer for lights & radio.
9) Switch off anything electrical at the wall.
December 07 2010 12:55 pm | Uncategorized