Well after the nerve racking/exciting experience of buying a home through auction, we have now moved in and LOVING IT! Packing seems an endless task and it amazes me that two adults and one cat need so much stuff, but we are slowly finding a home for everything and now just have that last one box with “things” that don’t seem to fit anywhere and I just move it from room to room.
I used Reliable Removals once again and have to say they always do an excellent job. I asked them to provide a few tips on packing to make their job easier and the client’s posessions move more safely and they have suggested the following:
Boxes to close flat with lids and be named with client surname and room you wish them to be put in at your new address.
- Tape bottom of heavy boxes.
- Books etc. use no bigger than a banana size box.
- Disassemble beds and especially bunks prior to truck arrival.
- Use rubbish bags to pack linen and towels.
- Use suitcases to pack clothes from wardrobes.
- Clothes can remain in bedroom furniture drawers unless going into long term storage.
- Do not water pot plants within two days of your pickup date.
- Don’t mow lawn if it needs to be walked over, to avoid traipsing grass into house.
- Disconnect and unplug TV, stereo, washing machine, computers etc…
- If freight going to storage do not store food unless in airtight containers, tins or bottles.
There are also lots of other hints regarding insurance, keys etc on their website www.reliableremovals.co.nz
October 15 2008 09:11 am | Uncategorized