Over the next 3 months we are likely to see over 35,000 new property listings hit the market. Over the same period the likely number of sales will be around 15,000. That would assume that there is roughly a 50/50 chance of selling your house this spring, that would be right if it were not for the fact that today there is over 56,000 properties on the market. Now you can see the challenge – how to ensure that your house gets bought and becomes one of those sales stats and allows you to move on – as opposed to being part of the high inventory of unsold homes.
Success in real estate in today’s world relied far more on the web. Research from just a couple of months ago reaffirmed this fact.
We decided that we should provide some useful advice around helping sellers get the most out of online marketing and took the opportunity to quiz a leading global expert. Simon Baker was CEO of Realestate.com.au for most of the last 10 years and in that time built it into the leading Australian real estate website. In this video interview I ask him to share his thoughts as to the best way to market your home.
Simon sums up the tasks in 5 easy tips:
- Check out your prospective agent online – do they understand online marketing? – how do they present themselves and their clients listings online? – how effective and efficient are they at responding to enquiries online?
- Make sure your listings are featured on a wide range of websites – every website should be available to all agents
- Make sure the online presentation is high quality with comprehensive information
- Standout from the crowd – take advantage to give yourself and your property an advantage – use premium listing adverts, they are incredibly cost effective
- Keep a close with your agent to web performance – viewing, enquiries, responses
Good luck with selling your home this spring – but don’t leave it to luck – give yourself the upper hand!