Here are ten ways you can be friendly to the environment, cut our business costs and reduce your carbon footprint:
- Reduce your dependency on print advertising – make your online listings as compelling and information rich as possible with videos, floor plans and professional photography. If you have to advertise in print use 3-4 key properties and make sure there’s reference to view more homes on your website.
- Reduce your mail drops to once a month – make them informative and interesting so people will look forward to reading them rather than throw them away.
- Work a focus area (farm) close to your office – You won’t have to waste gas driving all over town for different open homes. If an opportunity outside of you area comes up – refer it for a fee.
- Use a small sign written car or a scooter for most of your commuting – that will increase your visibility in your community, save you gas and parking fees.
- Go digital in the office and produce less printed material like advertisements proofs, memos etc.
- Go digital with your buyers – make all property documents like titles, sale and purchase agreements or LIM reports available for download from your website.
- Instead of dropping your business cards en mass into mailboxes give long lasting giveaways (not throwaways) like branded note pads, fridge magnets or yearly A3 calendars. These can be your ‘little billboards’ in every house at your focus area.
- If you are using signboards and billboards – use bio degradable ones.
- Buy from local and from Eco friendly suppliers. Whenever possible, try to use office products that are sourced locally and suppliers that have an environmentally conscious business practices.
- Plant trees in your community, ideally natives trees and help regenerate our native bush.
(This is part 8 of my 30 day blogging challenge)