A letting fee is an administration fee as there are obviously costs involved when securing a tenancy. The letting agent will usually charge one week’s rent plus GST and it is payable by the tenant at the beginning of a tenancy. In the past, only licensed agents (MREINZ) were permitted to charge a letting fee, however the Residential Tenancies Amendment Act 2010 now allows all those conducting property management as a business to charge a letting fee (note: private owners renting their own property are not entitled to charge a letting fee).
Allen Realty property managers are focused on providing great customer service and provide a number of innovative resources for tenants to assist them at the start and during their tenancy. We believe tenants are more willing to pay a letting fee if they feel they are getting a value for money service.
Tenant resources include:
- Online Tenants Property Alert Service where members can register for alerts on new properties
- Tenant Induction Video which outlines key issues about the tenancy
- Assistance with setting up utilities including power, phone and internet
- 24/7 Online Statement Access where tenants can access their statements any time
- Comprehensive guides about renting which are published by the Department of Building and Housing
- VIP Kings Plant Barn Club Card which offers discounts and gardening tips
Click here to view Allen Realty’s tenant resources in full.